Use of personal data
The organizer collects information about participants and the computers or devices they use in various ways when they use our site. The organizer collects personal information participants provide to us or our Registration Partner. For instance, if you register for an event, the organizer and/or an applicable registration partner will collect the participant’s username, password, name, email address, phone number, home address, birth date, gender, and other information provided during registration. The organizer also collects the participant’s credit card number, billing address, and other payment information if participants purchase products or services on the organizer’s site. Furthermore, information provided in newsletter sign-ups, feedback forms, emails, contests and surveys is collected.
Use of information
The organizer uses personal information and other information collected through the site and/or provided by the registration partner for the purposes described in this policy and disclosed to the participant on the organizer’s site or in connection with services.
The organizer may use the information the participant has provided to:
- Create and manage the online registration account.
- Operate and improve the organizer’s sites, products and services.
- Customize the content and/or layout of the organizer’s page for each individual visitor.
- Send information about the event and other news about products and services offered by the local race organization and its partners.
- Understand preferences to enhance the experience and enjoyment using the organizer’s site, products and services.
- Deliver targeted advertising messages to participants on the site and elsewhere on the internet.
- Respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Provide and deliver products and services upon request.
- Process and manage the event registration and participation, as well as provide the participant with timing and results from the event.
- Process the payment.
- Send administrative information, including registration and event information, confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates and support.
The participant acknowledges that the events may be televised, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and photographs and/or footage may be taken, all of which may capture the competitor’s participation in the event. By entering the event the participant grants the organizer and those authorized by the organizer the free and unrestricted right to use such photographs, filming and recording for any purposes it deems reasonable including, but not limited to, publication, display, sale and distribution by means of film, television, radio, print media, internet, publicity material or any other new media now or in the future.
Official photography supplier
Furthermore, the participant accepts and acknowledges that our official photography supplier may take photographs of the participant during the participation in an event. This means:
- The organizer and the official photography supplier may identify the participant in an image with reference to the bib number;
- The organizer and the official photography supplier may advertise and sell photographs of the participant competing at the event on the organizer’s website and the official photography supplier’s website; and
- Whilst such photographs are intended for purchase by the participant, friends and family (to commemorate the competitor’s participation in an event) as well as third parties may also purchase such photographs by entering a name or bib number in the search facility on the official photography supplier’s website.
With the registration and payment of the corresponding fee, the participant agrees without exception to the above General Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies. For matters not covered by these rules, the rules contained in the FIS chart for promotional competitions Popular races and the rules set up by Ski Classics will apply. The organizer may change the rules on its own behalf.